Saturday, December 23, 2017

Animal Crackers - Merry Christmas

Howdy -

HO HO HO… Christmas is here! ok Well Christmas weekend is here! This week hasn't felt much like Christmas. After our totally freaky snow a few weeks ago this week we nearly hit 80 degrees! And then just as I was going out to snap some photos for today late yesterday afternoon… BAM and cold front hits!


This is Sandy… can you hear her? "Mom… can you turn the air conditioner off please?" Her face was so puffy.. brrrrr

Gracie poked her head out of one of the huts… I agree!! Where is the warm sun?


You can see her beard blowing in the wind! again… brrrrrr.

Black Jack was puffed up too…


I love this old man so much. I think back to when we first got him year ago. He was so standoff and not friendly, oh he wanted to be friendly. But as a Stud Jack he was not really treated as a pet. As a part of the family. Then he came here. Took some time to actually "love" on him, but he was still not overly friendly. And then one day he got stuck in a part of the fence. I had to go out and free him - was a bit scary as he was so upset. But finally after a bit of time I got him loose. And just like in the story with the Lion with the thorn in his paw… He ran off and then turned back and came right to me and wanted me to "love" on him. And ever since that day he trots to us when we go out. Some days he is head first, others he backs up for that good rear end scratching. He is getting older and that grey hair is really coming in. Have I said how much I love this guy?

Then I heard a loud cock a doodle do!!!

Leon was voicing his displeasure in the cold wind too I suppose.


Such a handsome guy don't you think? Stunning man for sure! LOL

Before I go this week I wanted to make sure you know how much we appreciate you stopping by each Saturday and see my furry and feathered children.

All of us here at Animal Crackers wish you and your family a Joyful Blessed Christmas! And we wanted to share our family Christmas Card with each of you -


 Have a wonderful weekend!
HUGS and

7 comments:

dragonfly60 said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours (menagerie too lol). I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the great pictures of your animals (friends) on your blog. They bring a smile to my face every time!!
Irene

Marilyn said...

Thank you again for the wonderful furry & feathered posts every Saturday morning.
Merry Christmas to you and hubs and all the animal friends! Happy New Year too.

Carol Dee said...


Merry Christmas ad Happy New Year to ALL of you!
I love the story about Black Jack. (All the animal stories each week, too.) And YES Leon is very Handsome. ;)

Soaring Eagle said...

I absolutely love your blog and all of the animal pictures each
week. I hope you, your husband and all of the animals have a
very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

BethW said...

And we all dearly appreciate your sharing your babies with us. It is always the bright spot of my week. Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas-especially stud muffin Leon!

Ginger Shaw said...

I've followed you for a long time now and I so look forward to seeing you all (On a Sunday here in Kangaroo Land)
I love the adventures and the beautiful pictures of your animals. Have a Wonderful Christmas and a Blessed New Year.

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

Your posts about the critters always makes me smile! I found you first through your cards, but I honestly much prefer the furry and feathered posts!!! I still like your cards, but I love all the stories and personalities shared with the animal posts. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures, stories and updates with us, and especially your insights into what they're thinking or saying :-) Guaranteed to make me smile! Happy holidays to you, your hubby, and all the critters, big or small, feathered, or furry!!! Here in GA we're scheduled to have a white Christmas, so I hope everyone has their winter coat on/in and is prepared for more of that strange white stuff, just in case.