Tuesday, May 6, 2014

High Hopes Challenge - Pastels

Howdy -

Now I had some fun with this card! The challenge this week is to use pastel colors. I traditionally would have gone straight to the large stash of pinks... but I decided to work with blues and greens for a boyish card. But what image to use....

I had some fun with some favorites!!



First I pulled out my VERY FIRST High Hopes stamp - "Brayden"  No need to explain why is there? I normally color this adorable little donkey in gray, but since I think Lacey or Jazz might be delivering soon I decided to copy them and do this one in reddish browns... Not sure if he turned out like I had hoped, but he is still a cute donkey. Then I pulled out "Buddy the Goat" I went with a look like Peso, one of our bucks. Needed to be more white, but Peso is never really clean to tell that he is white in areas so it works for me with more gray tones. Then in honor of the new little chicks we have, I pulled out and used "Lil' Peep" and "Lil' Chirp"... love those little chicks! Then for a sentiment I used again the "From Our Barnyard" - but this time I cut off the "to Yours" - didn't have room on the card  for it to fit right - and well what if this is a city slicker that gets this card? They have no barnyard... LOL I just entertain myself sometimes so well.

Inside same papers - from DCWV Nursery Baby Boy collection


And Copic colors used -


Now you need to click on over to the High Hopes Challenge site and see the other DT's pastel cards, then please do join us for some fun!!

Catch up around the house today - I have no clue how two adults can destroy and mess up a house so fast... oh wait it is me and my Hubby and we have three inside little dogs... Ahh that is how! LOL

Hope you have a wonderful day - color something!
HUGS and

1 comment:

Carol Dee said...

Perfect card from your place and all the cute critters. Love the way you colored the donkey and goat! :) Have a wonderful Wednesday. Hugs...