Thursday, May 2, 2013

Whimsy Inspiration - Gardening - Friends

Howdy -

hope you are having a productive week - I feel like I am then I look at my list of what I need to do and I sigh. How can a person work all day think they got a lot done but then realize that only 1/2 of what needed to get done did? Nuts! Oh well today is a new day....

But last night I threw in the towel and said done for the day and gave myself some crafting time. This card just put itself together! Don't you love when that happens. :0)

This is a brand new digital image for May at Whimsy - This month is another wow release! This image though really caught my attention and I had to color it up first. Just so happy and simple joy. This little lady doesn't have a list of things to get done...

This is LiaStampz "Gardening"


Went with peachy orange and green colors with this one. Why? cuz there was a paper pad sitting on my desk right in front of me and that is the colors from the collection. LOL First Edition "Blank Canvas" - odd name for the collection, other than some of the papers have a linen texture. Anyway, loved the colors so I went with it. Colored with my Copics (colors below) - then found a few papers and sewed them down. Ran a piece of adhesive lace around as a border. You have seen the decorative Tapes at Whimsy right? My FAVORITE is the lace... check them out HERE. Then I ran a peach colored ribbon around. Everything was lined up and square, including the image.

I found a sentiment that works PERFECTLY with the image. The sentiment is also from Whimsy - a digital sentiment called "Flowers in Bloom" GREAT set of friendship sentiments that can be used with images or all on their own.

Decided it had been a while since I pulled out some mulberry flowers - lookie... I found peach colored ones in my drawer!! Decided to leave them like a bouquet and tie a bow around them. Layered some Martha Stewart Branch punches behind them.

Inside I just added more of the same papers -


And Copics Colors Used -


Entire card took from printing the image to finished and taking the photo - a little over an hour. That is speed crafting for me!

And that was while talking to the baby chicks in their little pen next to my crafting desk. Yes they are still in my craft room. Cold front coming in tonight - so better to leave them where they are safe, making a mess, but safe. The porch will be way to cold for them for a couple of days.

Well better get going if I am going to have any chance at marking off everything on that list today. Hope your list is very short and you have time to color something. Make sure to check out the digital release at Whimsy... instant happiness! :0)

HUGS and-

4 comments:

Peggy S from oh said...

Great card - Oh, to be that carefree!

Sheri said...

So cute! we woke up to snow today. Spring comes for a couple of days and then disappears again. Who knows when we can plant!

Carol Dee said...

I am in LOVE with this card! So darn cute. She really is ADORABLE in her peachy overalls! Loving the color combo too. Happy Gardening.
Like Sherri, spring comes and goes. Wet and cold again for the whole weekend. :( We did manage to get some things in that can stand it on the cool side. TGIF and big hugs...

Marilyn said...

This is such a happy, feel good kind of card and I like it a lot! I like the image, your fab colouring, all of it!