Sunday, July 29, 2012

A few goodies from our Antiquing trip

Hi - Thought today I would show off a few of my "goodies" from Hubby and I's Antiquing trip last week. We both got some really fun "new" antiques for our collections. I got some pretty pieces of Yelloware, a cute tin doll bed and high chair, and of course a few donkeys.. ;0)

Today I wanted to show off the new donkeys for the collection - I have a pretty large donkey collection. Live, stuffed, wooden, porcelain, glass, plastic, celluloid, paper.. it goes on and on. In case you didn't see it way back when I showed it.. here is my Donkey cabinet.. a while back.. long while back, it is much fuller now.

Ok as I look at the photo more.. it is much much much fuller now. Ha..

Now onto my finds - I found three donkeys

First one - not a super old toy, but that doesn't matter... what matters is condition for what it is, and how much it is...  This is a great plastic donkey. In good condition, just a few little paint rubs, nothing broken or cracked. I have lots of this type of donkeys - I even pick up brand new ones everyonce in a while from the feed store. Most of the time they only have horses... but every now and then I look in the toy area and find a new donkey... I totally LOVE my antique donkey items, but the new need love too, right? I figure this guy is probably anywhere from 5-20 years old, no way to tell.

Now this guy.. he is much older! And in fantastic condition!!


 He is only my second bobble head donkey. My first one is very old thin celluloid and is larger, but doesn't have this much paint on him. This guy was a treasure to find! I am not sure yet whether he is celluloid or plastic.. he is border line. But I do think he is pretty old.. I could not believe how great of condition he is. It is hard to find donkeys that don't have broken ears... they do stick out quite a way you know. And many times legs are broke as well.. toys way back then had such fragile thin parts.

Now believe it or not.. this to me was the most thrilling and best condition I have seen like it!!!

I drug Hubby all the way to the case when I found this guy!! He is a Schoenhut Circus animal.. more importantly DONKEY!  These toys are SUPER collectible, and all though sort of crud looking were really popular toys. This toy line came out in 1903 and I think was made until the 20's or 30's. I "think" mine is an earlier donkey. New line of toys for me, I am just learning about them. There were lots of different animals, and in fact there were different donkeys... a mini, and a "burro" that is grey with shorter legs. I could really get into these.. man they are so cool. Right now I am totally kicking myself though... the dealer that had this donkey had a goat as well... Hubby tried to get me to buy it too, but I was being "good" and I haven't started collecting goats just yet. I will need another cabinet for that I am sure. LOL Just need to find where I can put that cabinet...

So would you like to see more? Ha.. I sound like the dude in the movie Starship Troopers.. "Would you like to know more".. LOL but seriously if you like, I can show off more of my collectibles once in a while. I for sure have LOTS to show!

Have a great Sunday - HUGS and

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Texas Cropper said...

What awesome finds! I would enjoying see more of your collection.

okienurse said...

Great days bargain hunting and antiquing! I love finding things I love and collect. Love the donkey collection Vickie

Carol Dee said...

Super fun finds. :) TFS, hugs....

Niki said...

Fun treasures! Please show more. If I live vicariously through your finds, I'll save money!!