Friday, April 27, 2012

Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge - Bows and Buttons

Hi - It is Friday! And today is my week for Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge. And the challenge this week is Bows and Buttons or Buttons and Bows. Either way you need to use buttons and bows on your card.

Me... I used a new Magnolia image. I thought this was an adorable Magnolia image, I love Tildas... but I really like that there are some other new images. But... well I ordered it and when it came, WOW it is a big image! LOL So I stamped it out and colored it, then decided that is is really a big image for a 6x6 card. Unless it is the entire front of the card. So I tried it on a 5x7 card. Still big, but it works.
 So due to the image being so large I thought it was best to keep it simple. Which is tough for me. I used cream card stock for the base, then my two pattern papers are from Paper Studio. I liked that it has a pastel feel.. for some reason I see a duck I think babies??? LOL Anyway... I added a cream colored ribbon with that all important bow. Three buttons in the right corner. And my sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps, as well as the fancy ticket die -
I forgot to show you my water. I had colored the duck with my Copics, but then I topped the water off with Dimensional Glaze, for that shiny thick look. Love that.

Now you need to pop over and see all the DT cards at the Just Magnolia and Hanglar Challenge. Great prize as always.

See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!
HUGS and

5 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Sooooo cute! Love that duck and how soft and sweet the card looks!

Carol Dee said...

Cute Duck. Big cards are hard! You did great!

Sheri said...

Adorable!

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhhh...how sweet and adorable!!
This card is too cute for words...love it!!!!

Marilyn said...

What a fun image and I love the card! Didn't know Magnolia had a duck and definitely not one as big as this but it works and you've got a great card. Like the water too.
Welcome to Whimsy Michelle! I love it there... Denise, Debbie and all the ladies are fabulous.