Friday, March 16, 2012

Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge - Going Green!

HI - Today's challenge at Just Magnolias and Hanglars is to add Green to your project. Why I don't know but as soon as I read the challenge I had the quote from Twister in my head... "We're Going Green..." LOL Ok, so I watch too many movies.

But still the challenge it to do lots of green on your project, St. Patricks day I am sure is the inspiration. Still hearing that Twister quote - So I dug through my images to find one that I could work LOTS of green into. And found this stamped out Hanglar image with the Fishes - perfect!

 I colored with my Copics. YES... I have use of my hand! And I colored this all by myself :0)  While going through papers, I found the October Afternoon collection "Campfire" - loved the green, but that map pattern paper with the lakes and rivers was wonderful with my little fisherman. I sewed down a few patterns, and the image. Added some Prima flowers, with button centers, then dangled three little fish charms from the center of the flowers. Love those charms!

 Told you... aren't they too cute? Then for my sentiment I used my Sizzix alphabet die - Wingo Zingo. I so need to use my alphabet dies more often. Takes a bit longer than a stamp, but I really love how they look.

I was having so much fun crafting and feeling back to normal I even did the inside! This is a goal to make sure to do this more. I am usually so behind and in a hurry, I think I will go back and add the inside later and then I don't...


Now you need to pop over the to the Just Magnolia and Hanglar challenge and see all the green for yourself! Then join in for another great prize :0)


Hope you have something fun planned this weekend. ME.... catch up weekend. Hubby has to work, I am hoping that by the end of the weekend my house will be clean, laundry done, and work all caught up. You think it will happen? Plans always get thrown to the side and something more important comes up - but hopefully not this weekend. I would love to catch up -

HUGS and

7 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous card & the fishy charms are very cute.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so cute and the charms are perfect with this

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Hi Michelle, I love your card! The image, the coloring, the colors - everything!!!

Hugs
Jay Jay

Sheri said...

so cute! Love the colors and the flowers and the stringer together is genius! I am hoping my package arrives today! So excited about winning your candy! Thanks again

Helen said...

Hi Michelle, good to hear that you can use your hand again. Your card is lovely and the charm of the little fish is cute. Hope you get catched up this weekend; for me I always when I think this is going to work it certainly will turn out to nothing. Have a great weekend and see you tomorrow for some furry friends. Hugs, Helen

Carol Dee said...

Oh My Goodness. How cute is this?!?! I LOVE the little guy with his catch. The Oct. Afternoon paper and fish charms are PERFECT. Have a wonderful spring day, hugs...

Suzan L said...

Hi Michelle, Your card is soooo darling!! Hehe!! I love the image that you used and you have colored it so beautifully!! And, those fish charms are so darn cute!! This card really put a big smile on my face!! I'm so glad your hand is doing better!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs,
Suzan