Monday, February 20, 2012

Giddy UP! by Tina Wenke

I love this time of the year.. today is one of Hubby and I's favorite things to do. The Rodeo is going on here and today is what we fondly call.. "Donkey Days"! Every year we take a day as our special day and go sit in the stands and watch the Donkey competitions - Showmanship, Confirmation (how the donkey is built compared to a perfect donkey), obstacle courses and much more. But we are even more excited this year, as never is Donkey Days the same days as the Sheep Dog competitions.. but this year they will be going on today as well! I have always wanted to watch this at the rodeo. And it is never when we can attend. We are so looking forward to it all this year.

That is enough about us and the Rodeo... I do have a card to show off today too :0)
This is one of the new Stampavie Tina Wenke images called - Giddy Up!  I thought it was appropriate for the Rodeo :0)


This card was a lot of fun - Normally I get a little stressed doing "boy" cards, but I so totally love this adorable guy and his doggie it just flew together. I used a piece of Core'dinations impressed paper that I sanded heavily - then I found a scrap of this awesome cowboy paper... sorry have no name for it. I blanket stitched around it and the image, pop dotted to the card and ran twine around the entire thing.

The image is colored with my Promarkers, and the sentiment is from the New Tina Wenke sentiment set called... well called "Happy Birthday" LOL I also added a Tim Holtz metal embellishment that reads wonderful.

I like this boy card, and it is hard for me to be happy with those un-flowered, non pink male cards. Ha!

Ok... OFF TO THE RODEO!
Hugs have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh wow what a fun card and the papers are perfect love the little boy this really is a very happy cheer up birthday day card..superb hugs sassyx

Helen said...

What a great card! Have fun at the rodeo with the donkeys and the sheep dog. Regards

Di said...

What an adorable card for a young whippersnapper! Have a great day at the rodeo. It sounds like so much fun...don't very often get to see a rodeo in NH!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Great card, the little guy is very cute. Wishing you a wonderful day at the rodeo.

Carol Dee said...

Yee-Haw I do love a rodeo! What fun today will be. :) Love the card. That DP looks like some OLD flannel my little brother had pj's made of. I will not tell you how old. Lets just say VERY OLD... LOL.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so adorable, love it