Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chanson d'amour Wedding Card

Yesterday it was my turn to post on the Stampavie DT Blog - Do you visit there? Everyday a DT takes a turn showing off a project for inspiration. I love visiting and seeing what everyone is making. Well I couldn't post here the same day that would have bumped Animal Crackers... so here is my Stampavie post -

Today you are getting a peek at a wedding card I have made for a dear friend. Hope she isn’t peeking here as she will be getting it this weekend :0)
I wanted to do something a bit different – go more vintage and romantic. I think the Penny Johnson Chanson d’amour image is PERFECT -
I used kraft card stock for the base and to stamp my image on with brown ink. I then stamped the image a second time on white card stock and cut out the birds. Very little coloring on this one, just a bit of rose colored for the heart, then a white gel pen for the highlights of the word and the lace around the heart.
The birds once cut out I pop dotted them onto the main image and then covered them with shimmerz -
They look as if they are in flight over the card don’t they… ok but they are pretty….
I added lots of scallops, satin ribbon, roses and branch punches to add to the romance – Then I decorated the inside and envelope too…
Sentiment is a word punch and stamp from Papertrey Ink, and the envelope… I just stamped off the corner of the envelope with the main image.

I think it turned out pretty – I hope the bride and groom like it as well. Totally loving the shabby vintage images in the Penny Johnson collection, sometimes it is really nice to step outside the box and do something a bit different, and love this style to do that.

Hope you liked it - I'll show the part of our wedding gift later in the week :0)
HUGS and


7 comments:

NinaN said...

That is a beautiful card! Your lucky friend will love it! And congratulations to her :)

Dee in N.H. said...

Oh Michelle! That's gorgeous! She's going to love it!

Carol Dee said...

A beautiful wedding card. I am sure they loved it. Hugs...

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful card.

Maryann Laursen said...

Such a gorgeous card Michelle, I know your friend is going to love this so much.

Helen said...

what a gorgeous card! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Texas Cropper said...

Absolutely beautiful. I am sure they will love it.