Friday, September 23, 2011

Just Magnolia & Hangler AND Inky Impressions Inspiration

Happy Friday - Busy Friday! Today I have two projects to share with you. Friday of course is always Just Magnolia & Hanglar Day... and it also is my day to post at the Inky Impressions Inspirations Blog - so you get two projects here to see!

First up is this weeks Just Magnolia and Hanglar project. It was my week to host there, and I have really been feeling the Fall... well not physically cuz it still feels like 145 degrees here in Texas.... but you know the back to school, ready for the colors to change feeling. Well that was my choice for a challenge. School or Fall - you decided. I went with the back to school part - And pulled out one of my Favorite Tildas... This is my Kaylynn Tilda. :0) Why? Cuz everytime I see this little image I think of my niece Kaylynn it just looks like her to me, totally adorable. I looked back at things I have done with this image and I ALWAYS color her with red... hmm... Oh yea, Red is my nieces favorite color! HA! Funny how our minds just do things like that huh?

These bookmarks are so cute, I have been wanting to make one forever. And then I ran across the tutorial at Splitcoast - HERE  - Well I used the basics... My papers are October Afternoon - and then I found a ruler ribbon in my stash. Flowers or frilly border punch didn't feel right so I went with EK Success Zig Zag - My image is colored with Copics, along with the Magnolia books, I only needed three of the five here though :0) I cut everything out and then stuck them to my bookmark. It wasn't a hard project, but I totally was happy making it. Maybe it is the bright colors? The fun School papers? My Niece sitting there looking up at me? Oh it was just fun!

Make sure to pop over and see the Just Magnolia & Hanglar DT's projects this week - I have had a peek... really stunning again this week! And a great prize up for grabs too :0)

******************************
Now my Inky Impressions Inspirational Project -

While looking to see what I wanted to make for my first post... I just kept coming back to Lillie's Awareness Ribbon image. Seemed like I "needed" to use her. And then I came to me, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month... and making a little Pop up Card would really put a focus on Lillie and her Ribbon.
Originally I found the tutorial for the pop up card over at SplitCoast - Here is a link to the tutorial. I like that it is a free standing card and that it can fit into a envelope and be mailed.
I used just basic pink and cream colors. With of course some pretty pearls :0) I tied a pink ribbon across the front with a EK Success Punch of the computer generated Sentiment "Think Pink"  I then also typed out a little reminder and placed it just under the image.

 Lillie is colored with my Copics.
I hope you liked my Inspirational Pop UP Card - and I know you just love Lillie ;0) - So now POP over to see her at the Inky Impressions Shop HERE And now is the time as she is specially priced right now A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the NATIONAL BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION & ALSO THE AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION - 


Thanks for visiting ;0) See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!
HUGS and-



2 comments:

Helen said...

You have been very busy. Lovely cards both of them. See you tomorrow.

Carol Dee said...

Sweet bokmark. Perfectimage and paper for one.
The Lily Ribbon card is wonderful. She is so sweet.
Thanks for the reminder, too.
Hugs...