Friday, September 30, 2011

Just Magnolia and Hanglar Challenge - a sketch

Friday - man this week has gone fast! Lots to show, Lots to still do, run run run...

This week at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Challenge there is a fabulous sketch to work with by fellow Dt member Jane . I loved working with this sketch.

A rare thing for me is I made the card first - then chose my image and colored it. Don't know why I did that this week, I NEVER do that. But I guess that was cuz I really liked the sketch and went to work on it... I saw these Webster Papers while cleaning out this week. That may have been my excitement for the sketch too...

So I followed the sketch... using sage green card stock, cream card stock and two pieces of websters pattern paper. Love the roses! So pretty! For my band across the middle I used a vintage piece of white ribbon lace that I painfully wove sage green ribbon through.... then once the card was done you can hardly see it! darn it. My sentiment is Rubbernecker stamps, well have of one... I cut the top of the sentiment off... just wanted this part "Live Laugh Love" Now for the image....
Used one of my gifted stamped out images, I colored her with my Copics - when done, the background was really white... so I colored that too... Love how that came out, it matches the papers much better - Now that wagon... well it was really empty, needed something. But I wasn't planning on adding any flowers to the card, didn't want them to compete with the pattern paper.... so I used them! I cut out a few of the roses from a scrap of the paper and placed them in the wagon! What do you think? odd?

Oh and then I decided that I wanted to go ahead and add the butterfly. There was one on the sketch, you can add anything really... but I went with the butterfly. This is a new die to me, I think I love it. Cheery Lynn Designs butterfly. You get three different dies in this set, I punched on Bazzil Bling card stock then colored with my Copics to give more colors and stickles for some added sparkle to the center.

This was a great sketch, I do believe that I will be using it over again. Hope you will be visiting the Just Magnolias and Hanglars challenge and trying it out yourself!

A Hubby day today - he is off work, and I think we are going to chill and do some Antique-ing. Just a day to see pretty things and let the brain rest.

Hope you have a wonderful day planned too! HUGS and-

6 comments:

Jane said...

This is stunning Michelle!! I love the coloured background and your scrummy Webster's pages! I adore how you've cut some of the flowers for the cart too - great idea! hugs, Jane x

Helen said...

What a gorgeous card. Enjoy your hubby day. Hugs and see you tomorrow.

Carol Dee said...

The flowers in the wagon are the cutest. The papers are stunning. Great card. See you and the animals tomorrow! Hugs...

kendell said...

This card is awesome. Thanks for sharing you projects, they are really appreciated. Kindest regards

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is a gorgeous card. I love the backing papers & you coloured the image beautifully.

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card, love he image and the papers are gorgeous.
Lyndsey xx