Thursday, May 5, 2011

Picnic of Daisies - for StampARTic May challenge

Hello - today I have something fun to share. I was surfing some of my favorite spots in blog land, and I just adore StampARTic - I have gotten lots of great inspiration and ideas there.. like the Napkin Card I made last month- This time I found their May challenge had just started up - and as soon as I read about it I saw this in my head -
The challenge is to make a shaped card with a summer and/or picnic theme - The Stampavie Sarah Kay Picnic of Daisies stamp was a must for sure! I went with a picnic for my card the front of the card is just the basket - and a larger oval for the back of the card.

My basket is 3/4 inch strips of brown core'dinations inked and then woven to create the basket. I used a piece of Tilda gingham paper punched with a EK Success scalloped paper as the top. I then colored up my image...
She is colored with my Copics and then gave some depth with my pencils. ( Copic colors listed at end ) Cut with an oval Nestie and then matted with a dark pink card stock. I gel pen stitched the edges and inked with tea dye Distressing ink. Some Mulberry roses, and MS frond and branch punches added to give the card some frill - Then on to the inside...

The back of the card is cut by cutting the top of the square card into a 1/2 circle. A piece of Tilda paper cut slightly smaller to fill the inside. I made sure that my sentiment did not pass above the height of the front of the card so all you see when the card is closed is the pretty pattern paper. My sentiment is from Papertrey Ink cut into an oval then matted with the same dark pink card stock. Now I wanted it to have more of an impression, so I punched one of the new Spellbinders fancy tag 3 dies, and the cut off the sides and used with the large oval mat.

I had a lot of fun with this one, and loved the new shape for me. Ok.. so it is square on the bottom, but it has shape on the top right? I hope they like it at StampARTic :0)

See you tomorrow for Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge -
HUGS and -

Copics Used: B000, B21, B41, BG0000, E000, E00, E13, E21, E31, E35, E47, R0000, R20, R81, R83, RV 09, RV32, RV 34, YG03, YG97, YR65 - Kohinoor Pencils.

6 comments:

Carol Dee said...

WOW, love the basket. Cool Shape card. Sarah is so cute all dressed for a picnic. Hugs...

Martina said...

Oh...this is gorgeous Michelle! I love your basket and of course my all time favourite Sarah Kay stamps =) Just great!!
Martina

Cards By MI said...

It's beautiful! Stunning creation.
Great one!
Love n hugs
marie

Heidi said...

Michelle - your coloring is stunning.

Hugs and love
Heidi

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful!!!!

Dawn said...

This is an absolutely fantastic card, Michelle. I love every detail of it!

Dawn