Friday, March 11, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - A sketch!

Howdy! Friday again - man is it just me or did this week just fly by? Whew! Anywho today is Friday and that means it is Just Magnolia and Hanglar day! YEA!

Ok.. so I have looked back and ever since the additions of Hanglars to the "Just Magnolia" challenge... well... I haven't colored a Magnolia at all! And I really really really did intend on this week making sure that I was fair to my Magnolias and color up one of them for this week. But well... then I just COULDN'T!! You see I won one of the new Hanglar kits from Ebay - and I thought it would take at least a couple of weeks to get it, so my promise to myself to slip in a Magnolia until the new Hanglars arrived... well it got shot in the foot when when I was shocked that the little envelope arrived in just days! And I just HAD to use one of the new ones as I haven't had a new Hanglar to color in probably a year! So you see... I just had to use one of the new stamps right? LOL

I was a little surprised at the size of these new girls. They are larger than I thought! But still love them... And the "Attitude" that this collection has! HA!
Don't you just love it! Look at those hands on her hips.. You go Girl!! I colored with my Copics, then cut into a circle and distressed and inked the edges.

I followed the sketch for my card - and went with the new K&Company pattern papers. I was in a shabby feeling I guess, and I distressed and inked everything. My border punch is from EK Success. Mulberry Flowers were the perfect color, and I added some Dew Drops around the circle. Why? I HAVE NOT ONE CLUE! The circle was large and had a lot of space, so I dug and found this very old dusty bottle of Dew Drops - colors seemed to match so I went with it. Now... not loving that so much but hey that glue really sticks them down!

Then I went for a sentiment... LOL what does a girl with her hands on her hips need to say? LOL I found the perfect Epoxy Sticker from Cloud 9! "GIRL POWER"! Thought it might be fun to cheer up a girl friend or just say hi.

Make sure to pop over to the challenge - JUST MAGNOLIA AND HANGLAR and see all the wonderful DT cards with this weeks sketch, then join us for a chance at a great prize again!

Better get my GIRL POWER going and get up dressed and out to run my errands and meet up with my Buddy Tracey for our every other week Pedicures and Girl Time :0)  Has it really been two weeks??? Wow... time flies!

Have a great day and see you tomorrow for Animal Crackers! We have a "guest" for a photo shoot tomorrow with all the fur babies! Pop back to see ;0)

HUGS and-

5 comments:

Carol Dee said...

How Cute, love her Attitude!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Yep, I also can't believe it's Friday again already!
Love this card, she's terrific.
Have a lovely time with your friend.

Nancy said...

Very cute. Are they larger than Magnolias?

BA said...

wonderful card michelle, cute image a colors
xoxo BA

Helen said...

This little girl for sure has the power! Love it. Regards