Friday, February 19, 2010

Just Magnolias Sketch!

Friday and that is Just Magnolias day! And this week there is a FUN sketch by DT Jay Jay! And for me I went with bright colors today!

 

I started with one of the Tildas from the latest club collection, She is probably my favorite from this release.  She is colored with my Copics and then cut out with my Fiskar's Fingertip Kraft Knife.
For my card I started with a bright yellow Core'dinations card stock, and the went with a new DCWV stack - Cafe Mediterranean - WOW bright fun colors in this stack! I cut the scalloped mat behind Tilda with my Slice and then used a Copic Marker to edge the scallops. Then picked four other pattern papers from the collection to follow the sketch. I sewed everything down with a straight stitch. For the embellishment at the top of Tilda I cut a Butterfly with my Slice from the orange pattern paper, then added some bling!

 
My flowers are EK Success Retro punches, with jewelry spacers and mini brads - Martha Stewart leaf punches high lighted with white gel pen. The Sentiment is an Epoxy Sticker. 
This is a really a fun sketch and there is a wonderful prize as always again this week! :0) Find the sketch and other DT works HERE at Just Magnolia!

Have a happy Friday... cleaning house and doing laundry today... so I can play tomorrow!!! A few of us are trying to get together to craft... I so hope it works out!!

HUGS and-

6 comments:

cheryl said...

wow this is amazing hun love the colurs on this and those papers are just lush that is one of my fav tildas too great coluring hugs cheryl xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

This is just gorgeous Michelle! Love the fresh spring colors and of course Miss Tilda is adorable!

Hugs, Kelly

Danni said...

Love this!! Oh so cute and I really like the butterfly!! Gorgeous creation!

Yvonne said...

I do love the bright colours on your card. nice chance from soft colours. The colour combo of the beautiful papers are just stunning, and your colouring.. perfect!

Anonymous said...

Love your card Michelle!! The bright colors are fantastic :)

La Vikinga said...

Beautiful card and colours!

I love it!

La Vikinga