Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ready for Santa?

Ho Ho Ho... I know panic attack! But seriously it is coming quick and time to get those Christmas cards going. And the new Stampavie Sarah Kay Noel collection is PERFECT for your Christmas cards this year. Not that I need to introduce you... but this image is "Santa" LOL! How wonderful is he, Sarah Kay really did capture the wonderful vintage Santa with this one.

For my card I used some new papers from JoAnn's Debbie Mum holiday collection. Again it is hard to see in the photo but all of the candies are glittered. Yummy. I used an EK Success Border punch for the edges of the paper, and then picked a matching pattern for the background. I gel pen stitched the edges. I went through all of my sentiments... and then remembered this ribbon I got last year - I like how it looks.
This is a more simple card - and flat with no other embellishments. I started to add other things, and then I got to thinking.. that for making a bunch of Christmas cards and for mailing a bunch of Christmas cards - sometimes flat and just a bit simpler is better.


So do you have your Stampavie Sarah Kay Noel images yet? Have you seen them? I would love to see yours if you are using them for your Christmas cards!

My "lunch" yesterday was fun, and great to see everyone.. but then Hubby needed me to run some errands with him - so my few hours away - turned into all day! AAHHH so today is double duty day - lots to accomplish. And I must get everything done in the next couple of days! So I can play this weekend and the CKU Scrapbook convention.. LOL wink wink!

HUGS and-

3 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! I love this vintage Santa and your card is fab! and yes, I've been making cards with the Noel SK stamps too - see the next couple of days on my blog!
hugs, annie x

Ila said...

I love your Gorgeous Christmas card Michelle!!..the santa is Wonderful..your layout, coloring and papers are Wonderful!!...Love that you kept it flat (for mailing)...although..the layout is so fabulous..I wouldn't have noticed had you not mentioned it!!...Hugs, Ila

Lil Daffodil said...

Ooooh Michelle,
What an adorably traditional Santa. I love him. This card just screams Christmas as is should be. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x