Friday, September 18, 2009

Just Magnolias - A FABULOUS SKETCH by BEV!

HI and Happy Friday - that means Just Magnolias day! Today's challenge is a fun sketch by DT member Bev! I just love her sketches!

I again wanted to play with my new Fall Stamp Club kit and pulled out this adorable little Tilda with her bowl full of berries.

She is colored with copics, then high lighted with white gel pen. I then doodled around the edge for some fun.

For some reason lately I have been into these bold simple cards - especially when it comes to red and white. I just like the way to they pop when the are simple bold colors.
I also had a piece of green and white gingham paper on my desk from another project... (it will be shown soon ... giggle giggle.. ) I loved how the green checked seemed to match perfect with the country feel, the berries, and the red and white. For the scalloped bottom I went to my EK Success large scallop punch, and then did a second for the top of the band - kind of like around her basket I thought. The red dotted paper is from Papertrey Ink, as is the red card stock - love how their stuff is made to work together - the less I have to think the better! LOL

I added some white satin ribbon, and the sentiment from Stampin Up. And then just cuz I thought it need just a bit more, I doodled the edge of the red card stock with my white gel pen :0)

I loved working with Bev's sketch this week, and just wait until you see the rest of the DT's work with it! WOWSER! Really gorgeous cards! And don't forget their is a prize every week!

Well - as usual I am on the run again today - MIL wants to go to a local Quilting show. Hopefully we will make it as she has been a bit under the weather... so hopefully she is ready and feeling better to go. And then I am so excited that tomorrow is the CKC Scrapbooking Convention, me and a few buddies are taking a road trip and going to see what is there to see... SHOPPING! Oh and then Lunch :0) ... What do you have planned this weekend? Something fun?

HUGS and-

10 comments:

Marcea said...

This is gorgeous Michelle - I love the bright bold colours - perfect with the green! Gorgeous image (isn't Tilda the cutest little thing). Hope you had a lovely day :o)
-x-

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Michelle,
I totally love the colours on this card and Tilda is so sweet. The punched borders and the embellies are great. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Danni said...

Awesome creation!! Love this!

Mina said...

fabulous Michelle...I love gingham it always looks so fresh dont you think
Mina xxx

Jo said...

Michelle, this is lovely so cute, have a great time at your convention, I just need to do some crafting this weekend!! Jo x

Ila said...

Totally Gorgeous Michelle!!..I love the bold colors!!...I'm just starting to settle back in after holidays...got washing and all that fun stuff to catch up on..lol..Enjoy the weekend!!..Hugs, Ila

Shelly said...

I'm so happy that I discovered your site through your Just Magnolia link.
Your card is terrific! The colors and embellishments you chose for it are perfect.

I've fallen in love with your little donkeys. They are adorable! I can't wait to see tomorrow's pictures.

Annie said...

Hi Michelle! I do love gingham! and red too! love the card.
hugs, annie x

BA said...

hi michelle
what a wonderful card!!
xoxo BA

100drine said...

Lovely car, j'adore les couleurs, ça fait penser à la cuisine !!! bravoooooo