Monday, June 15, 2009

Flowers for the Stampavie Challenge!

The Stampavie DT Challenge is today! And I think this week EVERYONE should join in! The challenge is to add flowers to your card. UH Hello... don't we all do that most of the time anyway? So all you need is to use a Stampavie Sarah Kay, Rachelle Anne Miller, Lelo Designs or Leere Aldrich image and then have flowers and you qualify for one of Heidi's special prizes... she really goes all out to make a special "gift" for the winner each challenge.

Now for my card - I pulled out a Sarah Kay and lots of pink and girlie flowers.... and then looked at it all and thought... hmmm all of this is really comfortable - easy to put together. So I decided to challenge myself to do something different, and different colors. So I went through all of the images and decided that Nature Boy from Lelo Designs would be a bit harder to make all girlie. And boys can have flowers on the card too, right?

I then went through all of my papers and found this K&Company paper that looked more "manly" with flowers. I colored up Nature Boy with my Copics and then decided that maybe he was sitting in a field of flowers enjoying Nature - I added Flower Soft to the ground of the image, now it was an entire field of little flowers!
My card started with a white card stock base, and then the solid from the K&Company collection. I matted the image with a yellow from the collection, no thinking if it all matched, it came together so it must! Love that LOL. The flower paper has so many wonderful flowers I cut out three of them with leaves, as well as using it as a background paper. I ran a white satin ribbon as a band across the middle, put it all together and then pop dotted the cut out flowers and leaves. I then remembered that I had these label tags that were also made to go with this collection, so I pulled out one and stamped my Hero Arts sentiment and then doodled around! It all came together so fast!
Love the dimension this card has.. and the Flower Soft really makes you want to touch ;0)
I do hope you will visit the Stampavie Blog and check out the challenge - this is a two week challenge so you have some time, but please don't forget it ends June 28th.
Reporting on my crop now... we had lots of fun - lots of laughs and although we didn't get as much as we all planned done it was all good! Well all but my Sister... she came saying that she wasn't prepared just wasn't going to get anything done... and then she got 4 really adorable pages done for her scrapbook ---- Well Done Sis! Maybe you should be unprepared next time too.. LOL! And then everyone got a chance to visit the new babies... lots of ooohing and ahhhing there as you can imagine!
Well better get things moving this morning... Yesterday I wasn't really active... late night Crops LOL! Hubby is off today and so I am sure there is a list to make up for not getting as much done yesterday - He has a lot of outside work, I made sure my list was more inside... I ain't no dummy it is going to be 101 degrees today! I will be taking lots of water out to him though -
Have a wonderful Monday.. and don't forget to visit the Stampavie site!
HUGS and-

7 comments:

Diamond Doll said...

Fab card Michelle, love the Nature Boy image and colours you,ve used.
Off to have a look at the Stampavie challenge.
Trish (-:

Anne said...

It's great Michelle, I do like that image
Anne x

Happy Crafter said...

Wow! Super card love the colours and image and yes boys can have flowers you certainly proved it :)
Val xxx

Shauna K said...

love the 3-D flowers! Great job :)

Shauna K said...

love the 3-D flowers! Great job :)

Mel said...

fab card love the flowers and image great colouring :)
Mel x

Dawn said...

How beautiful - I love the rich colours and the flower soft just adds the perfect touch..

Sounds like you all had a great time crafting

Dawn