Monday, March 9, 2009

Had some fun making containers!

I needed a few cute containers for Easter and found two patterns I just loved - how cute are these for Easter Gifts?



- First I remembered Katharina's Small Box Tutorial - I loved it and had decided to give it a try. Reminds me of a little milk box.


Her tutorial was really easy to follow, my first mistake was using really heavy card stock - even after she warned to not do this - LOL - I then found a piece of nice weight pattern paper and it really made a difference. The heavy card stock worked it just didn't looks as nice, sharp and clean. For the front of my box I used three Alota Rubber Stamps. First I stamped the Sitting Bunny Rabbit masked him with a second stamping, and then stamped the Over Stuffed Chair, then masked over the rabbit mask with the the chair mask, and then used the new Wall Paper Designs Stamp three times. It all very quickly is colored with my Copics, and then cut down to fit the front square and inked the edges. I punched two holes in the top and ran a piece of satin ribbon thru to tie off in a bow! Fun huh? Thanks Katharina for the inspiration and the wonderful tutorial!
Then my second little container - Let me tell you this one was a snap! Literally I saw the tutorial and in minutes had it made! Found this one on the InStyle Stamps Blog and will be using it again! How fun would it be for table decorations or quick Teacher gifts? I started with a cute pattern paper from American Crafts - perfect for an Easter Basket I thought. Followed the tutorial, and bam it was made - The image on the front is also an Alota Rubber Stamp image, Egg with Flowers, cut with my oval Nestibilities and then matted with the scalloped oval. Perfect size! The basket seemed too empty for the photo and I didn't have any Easter grass.. so I just had to fill it with Easter colored M-n-M's. Cute huh... oh and yes.. Hubby and I ate the candy.. it was just a photo prop.


Hope you enjoyed my containers.. you really should go and check out the tutorials and try them yourselves. Just don't forget to give Katharina and InStyle Stamps the proper credits - wink wink...

Off to do my Wii - yes have been being bad and wasn't doing it regularly - started back up again - then I'll be back to visit some blogs before I start cleaning today.

HUGS and-

15 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Wow Michelle, what a fabulous duo! Love them both, may have to try them. Have a good day!

stampinfrog said...

Both containers are Fabulous! I must admit though I love that Bunny sitting in the chair!!Your coloring is Fantastic!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Anne said...

Gorgeous Michelle, love them both but the ickle basket is just gorgeous.

Annie said...

fabby Easter containers you've made Michelle, the little basket is so sweet and would be great for all sorts of things! enjoy your day. hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!! What really cool Easter containers you've made!! :) TFS!

Lim said...

Beautiful!!! Great idea... Love it!! Send me the candies :))

Hugs,
LIM

The Crafty Blonde said...

Love your little containers. I found this in Katharina's blog a while ago and loved it myself too and made one straight away. Love the little basket though may have to try this one out.
Just read your post below about your ribbon encounter OMG!!! I think I would have passed out at neing told that price lol!!
Lyndsey xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Love your little containers. I found this in Katharina's blog a while ago and loved it myself too and made one straight away. Love the little basket though may have to try this one out.
Just read your post below about your ribbon encounter OMG!!! I think I would have passed out at neing told that price lol!!
Lyndsey xx

Naoual said...

Gorgeous containers Michelle, love them! Love your colouring.

xx Naoual

Janna said...

Oh how cute are these!!! the perfect little containers for easter gifts. i just love the patterned paper you used and the gorgeous coloring of course. great job!

Smiels,
janna

Tita Carré said...

Oi adorei teu blog,visite o meu,beijos
http://agulhaetricot.blogspot.com

Aunty Sue said...

love your little box and basket think i will have a play with the kids and make some. Thanks.

Ila said...

I love these projects!! they are both Gorgeous and So Cute!!...Hugs, Ila

kay said...

what a great idea for easter gifts,thanks for sharing
kayx

Heather Huggins said...

Super cute treat box!