Tuesday, January 6, 2009

MMMM back to a Spoon full of Sugar and a bit of Sugar Bowl!

Lots of Sugar today! Yes! I have my card for today's Spoon Full of Sugar and then for just a bit more Sugar I have a card for the new Sugar Bowl Challenge!






First my DT card for Spoon Full of Sugar -
This week is a FABULOUS sketch by Nikki! I love this sketch really a fun one to work with. And to also let you know to make you want to play even more there are some yummy stamps up for grabs from Alota Rubber Stamps!












For my card I used one of the new Stampavie stamps from Lelo Designs. Loving these new images there are so many fun ones to choose from! This is Little Susie, isn't she cute?



Now I wasn't a great organized person while making this card. I am going to blame all the cold medicine I was taking. I did not write down who the paper was from. And I think the maker is on one of these pieces sewed down. So it is real pretty...love the purples, but sorry no name. I used a purple card stock for the base, sewed down all of the pieces with a blanket stitch. My image is colored with my Copics then I cut her to give the appearance like she is sitting in a window. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. Love the ribbon it is from Heidi Grace and is layered on top of a satin ribbon. I stacked lots of Prima Flowers topped with jewelry spacers and mini brads.



It is a wonder sketch this week, with great prizes so why not jump in and give it a try this week! Hope you do!




Now for just a bit more sugar....



There is a new challenge site The Sugar Bowl Challenge, to use any Sugar Nellie Stamp! Well about time they have a challenge for all of these wonderful images!


For the first challenge they have a sketch - I used one of my favorite Sugar Nellie images and my favorite papers, DCWV Glitter Girls Nursery Stack. I followed the sketch as close as possible, sewed down things trying to make it flat... wow this was a tall stack of papers. My image again is colored with my Copics. The flowers are a gift from a sweet friend and are from Close to my Heart and are like paper clips, I broke it in half and used glue dots to put them down to make them go farther... thrifty huh!
Really wonderful new challenge I hope to take part as often as I can!
Well better get my day going. I actually feel almost human today I think I am on my way to breaking free from what ever sickness has had me all week. I actually may leave the house and do a couple of errands today... like finding some food to bring in as the fridge has nothing good to eat in it! Hope you have a wonderful day and have some time to take part in a few challenges and get inky!
HUGS and-

26 comments:

Tracey said...

Your cards are just gorgeous!!

Donalda said...

Oh these cards are just beautiful dear. I so love the papers you have used and love the flowers dear

Sharon said...

Glad you are feeling better Michelle. Your sewing puts me to shame , so neat! Two gorgeous cards , love the little Lelo image she is cute. Love the papers in the SN card really pretty colours.
Send me some Texas sunshine will ya. xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle Love the cute Images and gorgeous colours you have used Hugs Debbie x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle Love the cute Images and gorgeous colours you have used Hugs Debbie x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two stunning cards Michelle. I just love the little Alota girl and so beautifully coloured. Your second card is also so pretty and love the DP, your stitching and sweet image, Hugs, Nikki x

Rach said...

two wonderful cards Michelle, so glad to hear that you are feeling more your self today..hugs rachxx

Annie said...

ahhh! just adorable Michelle! I love the pretty paper and you used one of my favourite stamps by Elisabeth. hugs, annie xx

Sugar Mama said...

Hi Michelle
What a gorgeously sweet card!
Thanks so much for joining the first challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
Happy New Year
Sugar Mama x

Ali Watson said...

Great cards Michelle fab DPs and wonderful colouring.

Sally said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous and I love the colors. Makes me wish for spring and winter really hasen't even begun yet. LOL

Lim said...

Beautiful cards Michelle!!! I love that little Susie from Lelo.. Gorgeous coloring as usual... and super yummy Candy.. I just post another Candy in my blog too with a Hanglar stamp.. Go and check it out..

Hugs,
LIM

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Fabulous card! I love the image you have chosen to use for the Sugar Bowl ansd such pretty papers. Thanks for joining us on our 1st challenge!
Judy xx

Caroline said...

These cards are gorgeous!

Tina said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Michelle, i love the little Lelo girl, she is so cute, and the little girl collecting apples is gorgeous, i love the way you used pale papers and richer copic colours it really makes the image pop.... Hope you are feeling a little better, Big Get Well Hugs Tina x

Trina said...

These are both just gorgeous Michelle!! I love both of the images! The purple on the spoonful card is so pretty! And those flowers are amazing!
I lvoe your coloring on the image for your sugar bowl card! And the papers look so great together! Have a great day!
Hugs, Trina

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Michelle! I love this image and well and your paper is beautiful!! Your stitching is fabulous as well!! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge and good to hear your feeling better!! :)kathy

Lilian said...

Gorgeous cards! Lovely color combinations too. You always make such nice cards. Thank you for joining the Sugar Bowl. Have a great day!

Karin said...

Hi Michella,

2 adorable cards.
Love the sweet colours and cute images on both of them.

Have a great day,
xoxo Karin

Janice said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love sewing on cards, such a pretty touch. I still haven't been able to master this.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, Happy New year!

Gorgeous creative cards on your blog!! love them all :)

Hugs, Marlene xx

Suzanne said...

Two beautiful card the first one in my favourite colour and the second with my favourite SN image both gorgeous. Sue :o)

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest sketch and love the whole layout is beautiful! Thanks!

flatis stempelwelt said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle... Love the cute images and gorgeous colours you have used
Hugs, Sonja xx

Nancy said...

Oh, die ist ja wirklich zauberhaft geworden. Gefällt mir sehr :o)

Liebe Grüße
Nancy from LeLo

Helen said...

These are both so lovely!
Helen x