Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blooming Marvelous


I just love the name of this weeks Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge! "BLOOMING MARVELOUS" what a great name! And you can guess the challenge is to use flowers or floral paper on you card. Well we all love that anyway don't we?






This was a perfect chance to use some of the new SEI papers I got a couple of weeks ago! MMM this paper is sooooo pretty! One it is gorgeous pinks and browns with lots of blingy papers - Two the name of the paper is "Chocolate" - Three I got it 1/2 off! Should have gotten two packages huh?
For my card I used the solid card stock from the SEI package. It is solid brown on one side and a pinkish color on the other. In the photo it looks like it is an odd color and doesn't match, but in person it really is closer in color. I love the pattern paper with the glittered flowers, yep all of that glitter was already on the paper.
For my image I just had to use a sneak peak of one of the new Sarah Kay's coming out December 1st!!! This is "Spring Blossoms" isn't she pretty, I love her hair, and those flowers in her arms seemed perfect to match my pattern paper. She is colored with my Copics and white gel pen, then I used Spica Glitter pen for the centers of the flowers.
I love her!
Then back to the card. I punched the bottom edge of the card with a Martha Stewart Border Punch I think it is called something like Double Dots or something like that. The color showing through and across the bottom is actually the inside of the card. I ran a piece of American Crafts ribbon as a band, the colors of the dots matched really well. I then matted my Sarah Kay with a small piece of shimmer paper from the SEI collection, love that it all matches and no thinking required!
When I went to place my matted image onto the pattern paper... it was sad, it covered so much of the pretty flowers. So I cut the edges of some of the flower and slide the mat under the flowers, but left the image forward. Does that make sense? I gel pen stitched the edges and used my Stampin Up Window Punch to cut out the sentiment from Hanna Stamps. I had wanted to put that into a library embellishment, but it wouldn't fit right, so I just inked the edges and put it over the ribbon.
I could have quit there but I really NEEDED more flowers right? So I put together three double flowers with jewelry spacers and brads and glue dotted them to the front of the card, they really needed some bling to match the others so I used my stickles and made them pop just a bit more.
I love all of the Marvelous Blossoms from this weeks Spoon Full of Sugar - you must run over and see them! Then make yourself a floral card, and join in there are some great prizes this week from Alota Rubber Stamps!!
Update on Donkeys: Bella and Freddie are doing great.... and now we are on warning with Darlene!! Anytime between this weekend the next few weeks! Just an FYI she likes to deliver when it is cold, usually raining or sleeting and late at night!
Now off to get some breakfast and do some blog surfing before Hubby comes home and needs me to do something not fun.... Hope you have a great Tuesday.
HUGS and-

22 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle and love the gorgeous flowery paper and blooms, Beautiful image and fabulous colouring as always, Hugs, Nikki x

Annie said...

thanks for the sneeky peek of the new Sarah Kay stamps - hope I got lots of pennies for christmas! and what gorgeousness in those papers - you should have got at least two packs! hugs, annie x

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card!! So many gorgeous flowers. Lovely.

Ooo excited about the package ;0)
ahhh hope it comes this week as Rob is away next week and I'll have to wait for it!! Thanks very much Michelle. x

Heidi said...

Stunning flower card Michelle. And you have colored it so beautiful. Love it

Hugs from
Heidi

Deb Wood said...

Your blooms certainly are marvelous!! Wonderful card!!

Ila said...

Wow!! this is Gorgeous and definetly Bloomin' Marvelous!!..I love it!!..Hugs, Ila

Bubbles said...

The flowers goes so well with the paper, fab image and coloured beautifully.
Joanne x

thread-bare said...

Just love your card xx And to think that that paper came ready glittered xx Brilliant xx

Rach said...

a beautiful card michelle, love how you have added some sparkle to your flowers. gorgeous papers. hugs rachxx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Michelle love the beautiful image and your gorgeous colouring, Hugs Debbie x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Lovely flowery card. Love the new sarah kay ..such a summery feel. Great card and love all the bling on the flowers!
Judy x

Suzanne said...

Blooming beautiful lovely papers. Sue :o)

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card and love all the blooms!
Clairex

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful image, beautiful flowers, beautiful card. LOVE it. Kirsten.

Jo said...

Gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous Michelle!! and beautifully coloured.

Donalda said...

Oh this is gorgeous Michelle I just love your paper and your coloring is just gorgeous dear. Lovely theme they have this week

Trina said...

Michelle, this card is gorgeous!! I love the sweet image, and you colored it wonderfully! I can't believe what you did with the flowers, they look so sparkly and amazing!!

Unknown said...

You have created a "blooming" lovely card here Michelle and I love this Sarah Kay image. Tagan's card was posted today. Lol Lynn x

retiredheather said...

Wonderful card Michelle. That is beautiful paper and love the new stamp.`
Heather

Karin said...

So gorgeous.
I love the papers with allthose great flowers and all the flowers you've added.

xoxo karin

MamaSheg said...

Wow, I LOVE, LOVE this card...the image, colors, embellishments, everything!! Beautiful work. XOXO

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Michelle!! Love the flowers, the papers are delish and that image is adorable!! Hope you have a super weekend!! Kelly