Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sunday Sarah Kay - 3 Pattern Papers



Sarah Kay Challenge Blog this week has a real challenge this week. To use 3 pattern papers on a card. Ok... so it isn't walking thru hot coals or anything, but can be difficult if you don't pick the right papers.



I first decided which Sarah Kay image to use, I picked "My sweet Lili"and colored her with my copics... all except her night gown. That is where my first piece of pattern paper is! I stamped her on the pattern paper and then cut out her night gown and attached it to the image.



I matted her on a piece of tan card stock. I cut down the two other pattern papers (all are from K&Company)and matted them on the same paper. I decided that I wanted this card to have a vintage look. So I blanket stitched around all three pieces. and inked the edges. My card is a base from American Crafts and is a pretty dark brown. I used two short pieces of Doodlebug velvet flower ribbon, chipboard corners from Little Davis Designs that I inked, Heidi Swapp Chipboard clock face and a tile heart to embellish. Hubby liked this one, he tends to like the more vintage looking cards.



Make sure to check out the other DT cards at the Sarah Kay Challenge, they are all so gorgeous!


Ok... need to pass on some info:


First make sure to check out Nikki's Blog Candy! She is celebrating hitting 20,000 hits with some fabulous High Hopes goodies and paper! So check it out... but hurry cuz it ends Wed. the 17th!

Then take a spin over to Karin's Blog Candy. She has reached 10,000 and it giving away goodies to celebrate too. Some really cool stuff too! Her candy give away is the 19th so hurry there too!



And then also I wanted to share that my buddy Amy, that owns my local Scrapbook Store, The Scrapbook Corral has opened up an online store! She is still loading it up, but there are Sarah Kay stamps, some Penny Black, Fiskars, American Crafts cards and papers and tons of Thickers loaded as of today. Make sure and check it out and watch it, I know what she is planning on adding ;0)



Better get going... Sunday Breakfast with the locals! Have a great Sunday and hope you get to get inky!


HUGS and-

8 comments:

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is stunning Michelle and I love all your fab stitching, Thank you for advertising my blog candy, Have a great Sunday, Hugs, Nikki x

christina d said...

What a pretty card. Her nightie is really neat. The whole card comes together beautifully. I'm glad Ike left you and your babies alone.

Kelly L said...

Beautiful, Michele!! I just love the pattern paper on her PJs! :) They looks so cute.

Rach said...

beautiful michelle so elegant looking. hugs rachxx

Annie said...

I love your Sarah Kay cards Michelle and this one is adorable. hugs, annie x

Lim said...

BEAUTIFUL card Michelle... Love the stamp, the coloring and the sketch is gorgeous!!!
Really an amazing card,
Hugs,
LIM

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. super cute card.
as usually i loove your coloring.

thank you for the heads up on the blog candys! will check it out
hugs
claudia