Saturday, March 22, 2008

A photo of my Peace -



I took this photo a few days back. It really sums up my peace. I love just watching my donkeys. Especially in the evenings. I just lean against a tree and enjoy. While doing this the other night I took a few photos, this is one of them, and I love it. You can see Cheyenne and Macey taking their evening dirt bathes.





Now the second donkey photo is to introduce you to my babies from 2007, figured I had better let you meet them, since they are now sold and are going to a new home in the next week. You will know when you hear the crying... I will be very sad, I think hubby will even be worse. I know our "business" is to breed and sell these little guys, but these are actually the first to go for us. The dark one is the oldest, he is Cortez, and this is his younger 1/2 brother Julio... he likes for me to sing that "who who juuulio". They are both very spoiled and both love attention. I am gonna miss them BAD, I can't replace them, but the 4 babies coming would sure help!




Ok, and one card for today. I made this one for the Rubbernecker Blogger Challenge, this week the challenge is to use Turquoise, Green and Brown on your card, and of course their stamps. Well this little lady had been sitting there waiting patiently to be inked up. Although she really needs to pull them pantyhose up! The colors were a challenge for me. Then I found this great scalloped paper by Creative Imaginations in my stash. Those dots and the floral stripe is light green! I added the brown, and there ya go! I colored the image with my copic markers, and cut the ovals with my Spellbinder Nestibilites, doodled the edge with my Sakura Soufle Pens, added the Prima Flowers in green and brown with a turquoise brad. And that is ribbon as a border across the bottom and right side. It was a pain to get down! Little bitty! I love the saying! Just too funny!
Card Info:
Stamps: Rubbernecker
Paper: Bazzill; Creative Imaginations
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Prima Flowers, Sakura Soufle Pen,

10 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fabulous photos I love donkeys. Your card is great, a fabulous image and sentiment and wonderful colours

Godelieve said...

I hope the baby donkeys are coming soon... You will miss these two. I'm sure you found a terrific home for them.

Helen said...

Gorgeous photo, it looks so peaceful. Great card, too!

Ila said...

I love your card...love the humor, layout and colors. The photos are fabulous....I've enjoyed looking at your fabulous blog...TFS

Kentucky Paper Kreations said...

Too cute! Love it!

Great colors!
Robin

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

aaaawesome. love your coloring and that sentiment made me crack up!

thanks for this great card.
hugs

Silli said...

very pretty!

Anonymous said...

She's a beauty - size 6 or not!!!

Chris (catt871) said...

Your babies are toooooo cute!!! I would hate to give them up too!!!! It looks like you live in Heaven on Earth!!!! Lucky girl!!!!
Your card is adorable too!!!

Anonymous said...

You donkeys are just adorable! I love your card too.
Maria x