Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday Monday...

Well it is dark and rainy here. Normally that would depress me, but we REALLY need the rain. I ran out this morning and snapped a shot of one of the pens. They crack me up when it rains, they just line up and watch it.





First I wanted to show you a Tin Box I made for a class I taught, my idea behind this box was a card keeper to set on my desk. Well I love how it turned out, but then I had to laugh. You see it doesn't hold but a small portion of cards that are stacked on my desk. Oh well it is cute and I will use it for special cards!

I don't remember what paper it is I will have to look that up, I used prima flowers, and LOTS of ribbon. And in the center of the larger flower, yep that is one of my favorite little angel stamps, Magnolia Stamps!

The Card I made last night was for a new site I found Tilda & Co. Challenge Blog I just love this site! They have some really great inspiration and they love their Magnolia Stamps too! The Challenge for this week is number 10 and it is "from Boys to Men". In other words a manly card, that is a tough one for me, cuz you know I love my flowers, ribbon, and bling! But I had fun with my little guy and came up with a birthday card for a guy. Sorry this one is a little darker, it is so dark outside this morning I had a hard time getting a good photo.
I used my Magnolia Edwin Fishing stamp and colored him in with my copic markers. I added some Twinkling H2O's for the water and that just didn't seem to be enough so I then added some diamond glaze to make is shiny. I cut him out with my Spellbinders Nestibilities and added the scallops. The patterned paper is Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls Sky Bias Plaid. Attached with a little faux sewing and a marker. The Happy Birdthday is from Hero Arts Stamps. I think he is pretty cute. Even though I had a hard time not putting some flowers on it, I had some that matched perfect! But I resisted. Enjoy!
Don't forget about my Blog Candy on Saturdays post! Post a joke on that days comments, and the funniest one will win my Favorite Fiskar Products!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Great card with some lovely details added.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, great detail

ElyBlair said...

Love the cards! Where do you get the stamps???

Lorraine said...

The tin is to die for! Love that paisley paper. I would love to know the name if you get the chance to look it up. This is my first visit to your blog. going to stalk some more.

Anonymous said...

Love that tin, missy!! I just got the oval Nestabilities on Saturday, we'll have to compare notes (If you're still speaking to me after I tell you that I tagged you, lol!).

Love ya!
Rebecca

SeattleStamper said...

That Tilda pail is so cute! I love the colors and the paisley. TFS

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card,love the layout but that tin is stunning.