Friday, March 28, 2008

Hello and new a addiction...

Hello - Last night I accomplished two challenges! I can see where these online challenges can be overwhelming. I think I am going to have to try a bunch out then see which ones are more me and settle on just a few.
The first is my "Hello" card. This is for Allison's blog Stampin When I Can, her challenge this week was Going Buggy... to create a card using a bug, and no butterflies. Glad I read that last part cuz I was all set to use some cool butterfly stamps I have. But then I remembered this little swinging bee from Rubbernecker Stamps that I have. Is "she" (note the pink lipstick) just the cutest? I colored with my Copics, then highlighted everything with Spica Glitter pens, which just doesn't show in the photograph, darn it I took like 40 photos trying to capture it! I stickled the wings and the prima and Heidi Swapp flowers. The card base is Bazzill Bling and the pattern paper is Basic Grey. The ribbon is Mod Ribbon. Hope they like my "buggy" card!


My second challenge is one that I have never tried. An ATC (artist trading card) I have seen millions of them online, and never once tried one. Ok, I had a blast making this little piece of "art". I really think I could spend forever putting details into this small 2.5 x 3.5 inches! The challenge site for this creation is for Tilda and Friends ATC Challenge Blog I love this site! But then again.. they love Magnolia Tilda's so I have A LOT in common with them. My first ATC has Tilda with her watering can... so I made her a flower box. The challenge this week was to only use blue and yellow. I love these colors together so that wasn't bad for me. I used a dark blue Bazzill base, then cut a small piece of pale yellow card stock and stamped with a sepia yellow ink with my wood background stamp. (this was funny as it is a piece of paper 2.5 x 1 inch on a giant stamp!) I colored this little cutie with my copics. I only pulled out colors from the two families out of my markers. I stickled her wings of course. Cut her out and then layered the box over her boots. I used some shades of blue and yellow prima flowers, used gold stickles for the centers, gold is a shade of yellow right? Gel pen is used to stitch the edges. Then I used my Diamond Glaze to "fill" the watering can and sprinkle water drops over the flowers and box. This really looks pretty cool in person, I hope you can see it in the photograph. I mean what good is a watering can if it doesn't have water for the flowers? I sure hope they like my first ATC, I had a blast making it and look forward to MANY more!

Well have a great Friday... weekend is here!
Card Info:
Stamps: Rubbernecker; Magnolia
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Prima Flowers; Heidi Swap chipboard flower; Stickles; Gel Pen; Sepica Glitter Pens

15 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is so fun...what a sweet image! And those layered panels with the rounded corners is a great treatment (so CASE-able!). Thanks for playing!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card and a fantastic ATC, I love all the flowers

Anonymous said...

ton ATC est splendide !!!
bizzz Mu

Anonymous said...

Oh wow what beautiful cards! I had never thought of using diamond glaze to mimick water. TFS that tip!

Kisa Peters said...

These are GREAT! The bee is really cute, and the ATC is awesome! I LOVE the "water" you did! Great job!

Anonymous said...

wonderful atc

Annie said...

It's fabulous! thank you so much for joining in with the fun! I love the water droplets on the flowers in Tilda's little flower box! I hope you will join in again next week. annie x

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, what a beautiful Card, the ATC is so cute.......

Suzanne said...

Well I hope you stay addicted they are both gorgeous, but being a Tilda fan I just love the ATC!!! Sue :o)

Anonymous said...

Love the card and I also love the ATC card. I would love to make some of these. Do you put name and info on the back? Wow Michelle these are really awesome...Is the Diamond Glaze something like Glossy Accents from Ranger? You know girlfriend I am learning so much from you!!! Thanks!!Patti Smith

Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful ATC ! I love the stamp, the flowers... So cute ! Very great work !!

Ila said...

I love your Fabulous card!! and the ATC is just the Cutest!!

Mélanie said...

What a cute card, great job and welcome to the ATC challenge world ! And your blog is really fun, those donkeys of yours are the cutest thing ever !!!

tracie said...

fabulous cards, beautiful ATC :-)x

Diane.W. said...

Such an adorable ATC!:o)x