Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Easter

These three little bunnies were trouble makers! Have you ever just kept on with an image until you have gone too far? Well that is what happened here. I wasn't even going to post it, but then I thought I had spent so much time on it, and you can't be totally thrilled with every card so here it is. This is a fun Happy Hoppers House Mouse stamp that I got months ago when Hobby Lobby had their stamps 50% off. I knew it would make a cute Easter card. I started by coloring these guys in with my prisma pencils. Then I used a few copic markers, especially the background. Well it just didn't feel right, so I pulled out my Sakura Glaze Pens, the plan was to just highlight... umm yea. When the were drying they got darker and darker. I wanted just a bit of shimmer so I rubbed some of my shimmering chalks. Ok I really need to stop! The card stock is Bazzill Bling and the pattered paper is American Crafts. I added the cute dot ribbon, and white gel pen. I showed it to hubby... he said it looks like the eggs are fine, we are in Texas and Fiesta is coming, they are suppose to be bright. Ok, I guess I don't mind the bright eggs, if the paper had been brighter to match. Oh well it is made now.

I am so excited, I placed another order yesterday for some of the new Magnolia stamps! Oh they are just too cute. I got a few more accessories this time. I had to have the park bench and the heart carved tree. I tried to be good, and stick to a budget, but I really wanted more than I had in my cart. I started a new wish list, and by the way... have you heard they are going to have pattered papers to match their adorable little angels? Oh my... I can't wait!!! Wish they didn't have to travel so far to get to me!

Hope you all have a great "Good Friday"!
Card Info:
Stamps: Happy Hoppers House Mouse, Paper Inspirations
Paper: Bazzill Bling; American Crafts
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Prisma Color Pencils; copic markers; Sakura Glaze Pens; Shimmering Chalks; Ribbon; Uniball Gel Pen

7 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

great card... love your coloring and layout.
now michelle... do not tease us.
what stamps did you get.aaahhh.. its driving me NUTS. my spring kit is not here and my second order also.. still waiting :-(

happy eastern to you

Jessica F. said...

Oh - I love the card! The bunnies are sooo cute!!! I'll have to check out Magnolia stamps. Happy Easter!

tracie said...

I love it, the bunnies are so cute and those papers are fab :-)x

BethW said...

Your cards are absolute magic-but I have to admit, I'm in love with the donkey. What a sweetheart.

Kathy said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!! I just had to visit yours and what a cute picture that came up!! (Your donkeys) The babies are so cute!! I totally love all your house mouse cards!! This one is too cute for words. I never have seen this image!! Hope you have a great Easter, also!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I love those bunnies! All your layering is fantastic too!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your profile picture of your donkey! Totally made me smile!

Chris (catt871) said...

I think it is perfect!!!!