Monday, March 31, 2008

A gift from my hubby -

Ok, I have to tell you I have the best, most wonderful, supportive hubby! He doesn't complain when I come in with bags from the LSS, or the mail box is full of stamps from Internet shopping. He has been very supportive of me starting the blog and encouraging me on my dream of getting a DT one day. Well I have been complaining about my photographs of my cards. I just can't get enough light. I have tried everything. Lamps, Flashes making white boxes out of card stock I even got desperate and tried taking the photos in my Microwave! hey don't laugh... it is white inside! Well I told him I was going to have to find a light tent and do this right. Well guess what... he came home with a whole kit last night! He went to Wolf Camera and purchased me a "Smith Victor Image Maker Light Tent Kit". Is he just the best or what! So now I can see the light!!! Oh my this thing is wonderful, no more shadows, or yellow tint from other light sources, or flash burn on the face of the cards! I will need to practice and learn how to set the positions of the lights on either side but I am just so excited! See I told you have the best hubby!

Ok, now to the card I made yesterday. I wanted to make a fun get well card for a friend that is having surgery this week. I pulled out one of my favorite House Mouse get well stamps and then some fun colors of paper to match a piece of Sassafras lass paper I just got. Boy I wish the scallops went all the way around these papers as they are just the cutest designs! I colored in the image with my copic markers, highlighted with my white gel pen and then used my Diamond Glaze to "wet" the ice. I wish this showed better in the photograph... I am working on learning to capture details like that. I layered everything then added some fun ribbon and the sentiment from Lockheart Stamp Co., and again added more with the gel pens around the edges. I think it is a fun card, definitely a bright cheerful one!
Card Info:
Stamps: House Mouse, Lockheart Stamps
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Diamond Glaze, White Gel Pen, Orange Sakura Glaze Pen, Ribbon

6 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

A light kit! YOU ARE one lucky wife! I think you should keep that man! Great card too!

Ila said...

This card is Fantastic and Super Cute!!...and your photography is Awesome!! ...your hubby is definetly a Keeper!!

Suzanne said...

Wow a light box sounds like you know what you are doing with this photography malarky!!! me I point and click until I have something that resembles what I am taking!!! Gorgeous card love the house mouse stamp. I love them but my colouring isn't good enough to do them justice lol. Sue :o0

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, hubby gets an award on this one! A light kit....yah! Beautiful card for your friend. Cute little mouse stamps.

Anonymous said...

Wow he is certaily a keeper!!! I wish I lived closer girl I would be knocking on your door everyday for lessons on all this cool stuff you do!~!!! Love the card....(((HUGS))))Patti

Annie said...

I love this stamp! I want this stamp! fabulous card too!